What is artificial passenger
- A sleep prevention dialogue based car system.
- Design to make long solo journey more enjoyable and safer.
- Prevent driver’s drowsiness via the speech interactivity
What does it do?
- Engage in conversation with driver related to his interest.
- Also amuse the driver with the interactive games or jokes.
- More stimulating content for driver who appears to be fatigued.
- Automatic speech recognition.(ASR)
- Natural language processor.(NLP)
- Driver analyzer.
- Conversational planner
- External service provider
- Camera rigged on to the steering wheel will monitor the eye closure frequency.
- If frequency exceed the threshold frequency , artificial passenger will be activated.
- The system has a conversation planner that holds a profile of you, including details of your interests and profession.
- A microphone picks up your answer and breaks it down into separate words with speech-recognition software.
- A camera built into the dashboard also tracks your lip movements to improve the accuracy of speech recognition.
- A voice analyzer then looks for signs of tiredness by checking to see if the answer matches your profile. Slow responses and lack of attention are signs of fatigue.
- If you reply quickly and clearly, the system judges you to be alert and tells the conversation planner to continue the line of questioning.
- If your response is slow or doesn’t make sense, the voice analyzer assumes you are dropping off and acts to get your attention.
- If driver displays signs of fatigue, the artificial passenger might be programmed to open all the windows, sound a buzzer, increase background music volume, or even spray the driver with ice water.
Artificial passenger is a great technology to have in our vehicles. It is a great way to prevent accident by alerting the driver at the right time. Work should be done to make it more precise.